Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Denver Borough Armed Forces Banner Program
Round 3 - 2021
Beginning in 2018, Denver Borough proudly introduced the “Denver Borough Armed Forces Banner Program” - a tribute to service men and women from Denver Borough who have served or are serving our country in a branch of the military.
Each individual banner honored a specific Denver Borough service man or woman and included a picture of the service member, his/her name, branch, and era of service. The program is designed to serve as a living memorial to those service men and women from Denver Borough that have served or are currently serving in our military branches.
The Borough currently has 73 Armed Forces Banners installed on poles in the Borough on South 4th Street, Lancaster Avenue, Main Street, North 6th Street, and the Denver Memorial Park and Playground. Of this total, 60 were installed in October, 2018 on the large wooden poles; 11 were installed in October, 2019 on the decorative poles on Main Street; and two (2) were installed in October, 2020 on the decorative poles in the Denver Memorial Park and Playground.
The program guidelines state that the banners will hang on the poles for two (2) years and at the conclusion of that period, the banners will be retired, removed from the pole, and given back to the person or organization who purchased the banner.
Borough Council recently discussed the banner program and decided that the larger banners installed in 2018 on the wooden utility poles in the Borough will be removed in 2021 and returned to the people who purchased the banners. This is scheduled to be completed prior to Memorial Day, 2021.
Borough Council also decided to advertise a third round of the Armed Forces Banner Program to provide an opportunity for people in the Borough to purchase a new banner to be hung in the Borough. This opportunity will be available to people who did not purchase a banner in the past as well as to people who purchased an original banner that will be retired in 2021.
The Borough currently has space for an additional 24 banners to be installed on the decorative streetlight poles in the Denver Memorial Park and Playground. If the number of banners requested during this third round exceeds 24, the Borough also will consider installing the new banners on the wooden utility poles located throughout the Borough. That decision will be made based on the number of applications received in this third round.
The Borough also has budgeted in the 2021 Budget funding to purchase and install a new universal “Denver” banner to be hung on the wooden utility poles in the Borough when the Armed Forces Banners from 2018 are removed. The goal is to make sure that the Borough maintains banners in our community.
Denver Borough Armed Forces Banners Program
* Each banner will cost $205.00.
* Banners will be installed on the 24 decorative fiberglass poles located in the Denver Memorial Park and Playground on a first come, first served basis. Each of these banners will measure 18-inches by 36-inches and will include a picture of the service member, his/her name, branch, and era of service.
* If the number of banner applications exceed 24, the Borough will consider placing these additional banners on the wooden utility poles located in the Borough. Please note, the banners installed on the wooden utility poles are larger and the cost for these banners will need to be determined in 2021.
* The banners will hang on the poles for two (2) years. At the conclusion of that period, the banners will be removed and returned to the buyer.
* The program is available to any current or former resident of Denver Borough who has served and/or is serving in the Armed Services.
* Family members and loved ones of Veterans may purchase a banner themselves.
* Businesses may sponsor a banner for a particular Veteran or Branch of Service.
Order forms for the Denver Borough Armed Forces banner Program are available at the Denver Borough Municipal Building, 501 Main Street, Denver, and on the Borough’s website at www.denverboro.net. All applications should be submitted to the Borough by January 31, 2021. A copy of the member’s DD214 and a picture should be attached with the application along with the banner fee. If you have any questions concerning this program, please contact the Denver Borough Municipal Building at 717-336-2831, Ext. 1.
2021 Veterans Banner Application